Vietnamese businesses have promoted their high-quality products to Bulgarian importers and distributors at an online conference on September 10-11.
At the Vietnam-Bulgaria Business Networking Webminar (Photo: VNA)
The Vietnam-Bulgaria Business Networking Webminar, the first of its kind, was jointly held by the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency under the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency of the Bulgarian Ministry of Economy, the Vietnamese Embassy in Bulgaria, and the Bulgarian Embassy in Vietnam.
The participating Vietnamese firms also sought ways to integrate into the Bulgarian market and optimise the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), which took effect on August 1.
According to Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Do Thang Hai, Vietnam mainly exports traditional products like garments-textiles, leather and footwear, rubber, agricultural products, computers and phones to Bulgaria, while importing food and farm produce from the European nation.
The two countries still have potential to boost trade ties, he said, adding that Bulgaria has served as a gateway for Vietnam to access other European countries.
Within the framework of the event, the two agencies signed a memorandum of understanding on cooperation, under which they will exchange information about policies and measures in support of Vietnamese small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), share experience in organising activities for SMEs, and join hands to organise workshops, exhibitions, fairs and other trade promotion activities to foster exchange and cooperation between SMEs of the two countries.
- Vietnam postpones meeting to celebrate Bulgarian culture amid Covid concerns
- Vietnam, Nigeria hold B2B Networking Webinar on Fashion Products
- Nigerian importers interested in Vietnamese fashion products
- Vietnam- Mercosur Business Networking Webinar 2020 held in Ho Chi Minh City
- Conference boosts Vietnam-Germany trade, investment promotion
- Vietnamese and Indian enterprises look for business opportunities
- Vietnam, India step up trade ties
- Over 7200 certificates of origin issued for exports to EU under EVFTA
- Positive export figures after two months of EVFTA being in effect
- Embassy of Bulgaria funds a Vietnamese project of Lotus an opportunity for rural women s development