A motorbike production line of Honda Vietnam in Vinh Phuc province (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) –
Honda Vietnam reported a 10 percent month-on-month fall in the sale of motorbikes in August but a 38 percent rise in automobile sales .
It sold 176116 motorbikes during the month, a year-on-year decline of 17 percent.
The best-selling model was the Wave Alpha, with 39906 units sold, or 23 percent of its total. The Vision was the most popular scooter, with sales of 54393 units, or 31 percent.
In the 2021 fiscal year, which is from April 2020 to March 2021788958 Honda motorbikes were sold to date, down 23 percent year on year.
The company also exported 13472 motorbikes to various markets during August.
Conversely, the joint venture delivered 1634 automobiles in the month, up 38 percent against July.
The CR-V was the hottest domestically-assembled model, with 495 units sold, or 57 percent of its total sales in August. Meanwhile, the Honda City, another domestically-assembled model, saw 459 units sold, or 28 percent.
In the 2021 fiscal year, Honda has sold 9560 automobiles of all kinds to date, representing a fall of 23 percent over the previous financial year./.
- Honda Vietnam’s motorcycle sales down, auto sales up in June
- Honda Vietnam sales continue to slide
- Vietnam auto sales stage May recovery
- Motorbike sales drop 30.7 percent in Q2
- Automobile sales surge in October
- Automobile market on recovering track: VAMA
- Auto sales down 25 pct
- Auto sales rise 53 percent
- Honda Vietnam recalls cars to replace fuel pumps