The agricultural sector enjoyed the trade surplus of US$6.2 billion over the recent eight months of 2020, a year-on-year increase of 4.9%, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Agriculture-forestry-aquatic exports in eight months are estimated
at US$26.15 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 0.9%.
In August, Viet Nam gained US$3.6 billion from exporting agriculture-forestry-aquatic products, up 3.5% against the previous month.
Agriculture-forestry-aquatic exports in the first eight months were estimated at US$26.15 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 0.9%.
Of the figure, exports of key main farm products reached nearly US$12 billion, down 3.2% and aquatic exports obtained US$5.2 billion, down 5.3% while exports of key forestry products rose 10.3% against the same period last year, to over US$7.8 billion.
During the reviewed period, the imports of agriculture-forestry-aquatic products hit US$19.9 billion, down 2.5%, US$16 billion of which were spent for importing key main agriculture-forestry-aquatic products, down 5.2%.
Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Ha Cong Tuan said that the agricultural sector expects to earn US$41 billion from exporting in 2020 as the COVID-19 pandemic is put under control in the next months of the year./.
By: Thuy Dung/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- Agro-forestry-aquatic product exports reach nearly US$19 billion in six months
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports up over 24% in Jan-Apr
- Agricultural trade surplus climbs above US$5 billion mark
- Agro-forestry-fishery enjoys 725 billion USD trade surplus in nine months
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports on the rise over four months
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports down 3.4 percent in first half
- Vietnam forestry products exports increase by 10% despite pandemic
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports up 27% in Jan-Jul
- Nine-month agro-forestry-aquatic product exports hit 30.05 billion USD