A session of Vietnam National University's Medical School students in Hanoi. Photo courtesy of Vietnam National University.
Vietnam National University (VNU) Hanoi has retained its top 1,000 spot in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking, released Wednesday.
This is the second consecutive year VNU Hanoi has ranked among the top 801-1000 on the list, with an overall score of 25.1-30.1.
Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) and VNU Ho Chi Minh City are ranked outside the top 1000.
Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2021 includes over 1,500 universities across 93 countries and regions, making it the largest and most unique ranking of its type to date.
The table is based on 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution's performance across four areas: teaching, research, knowledge transfer, and international outlook.
This year's ranking analyzed over 80 million citations across 13 million research publications and included survey responses from 22,000 scholars.
The University of Oxford tops the ranking for the fifth consecutive year, followed by Stanford University and Harvard University. China’s Tsinghua University, leading Asia, broke into the top 20 for the first time. Southeast Asia's number one National University of Singapore ranked 25th overall.
The U.S. claims a record eight places in the top 10. There are also 141 first-time entrances in the rankings this year.
Times Higher Education World University Ranking is an annual publication of university rankings by Times Higher Education (THE) magazine, specialized in higher education.
In last year’s ranking, both VNU Hanoi and HUST ranked in the top 1000, while VNU HCMC ranked outside.
By: Duong Tam/Vnexpress
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia’s top 500
- Three Vietnamese universities teach these five subjects best
- Vietnamese university makes it into list of leading institutions worldwide
- Three Vietnam candidates debut in Asian university ranking
- A Hanoi university listed in QS world university rankings
- Vietnamese university among world’s best ‘Golden Age’ rankings 2020
- Two Vietnamese universities enter Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021
- Two Vietnamese universities enter THE Young University Rankings 2021
- Improving Vietnam’s higher education