The Vietnamese team of combat engineers pose with their bronze medals at the 2020
Army Games in Russia, August 30, 2020. Photo courtesy of People's Army newspaper.
Vietnamese combat engineers finished in third place at the International Army Games in Russia on Sunday, maintaining last year’s result.
In the Safe Route challenge staged in Nizhny Novgorod Province, the Vietnamese engineers finished behind Russia and Uzbekistan.
Four teams from Belarus, Russia, Uzbekistan and Vietnam did combat in a range of tasks, including landing from helicopters, crossing suspension bridges, climbing net walls, passing models of two-story houses, detecting mines and building bridges.
After 33 minutes, Vietnam lay around four minutes ahead of Uzbekistan, just behind Russia as heavy rains slowed Vietnam’s tank.
At the end, Vietnam finished third in 46 minutes, with Uzbekistan arriving second after 43.27 minutes, while Russia won the event in 31.13 minutes.
This is the same result Vietnamese combat engineers achieved last year when they joined the Army Games for the first time.
This year’s Army Games took place from August 23 to September 5, attracting over 6,000 military personnel from 39 countries from Europe, Asia, Africa, and Central and Latin America.
The games are held in 10 countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, China, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Russia and Uzbekistan.
Vietnam sent a team of 125 officers and men, the third time it is participating.
It has teams competing in 10 categories: Tank Biathlon, Safe Route (for combat engineering units), Safe Environment (for reconnaissance crews), Emergency Area (for emergency rescue units), True Friend (for dog handlers), Field Kitchen, Masters of Artillery Fire, Sniper Frontier, Military Medical Relay Race, and Confident Reception (competition of anti-aircraft missile troop units).
By: Nguyen Tien/VnExpress
- Vietnam tank crew crowned champion at International Army Games in Russia
- Vietnam ends Army Games with three bronze medals, one champion cup
- Vietnam tank crew loses on technicality at International Army Games
- Vietnam high-ranking delegation departs for Army Games 2020 in Russia
- Vietnam to join International Army Games for the third time
- Vietnamese military doctor awarded certificate of international referee at Army Games 2020
- Vietnam to take part in International Army Games 2020
- Vietnam progresses to final of Tank Biathlon 2020
- Vietnamese dishes add appealing flavour to Army Games 2020