HCM City (VNA) – Exchange-traded fund (ETF) SSIAM VN30 on August 18 officially listed 5.6 million shares, worth 56 billion VND (2.4 million USD), on the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE).
The SSIAM VN30 is the third ETF managed by SSI Asset Management Co., Ltd. (SSIAM) which operates the fund along with founders SSI Securities Corporation, Mirae Asset Securities (Vietnam), and BIDV Securities.
The fund is open-ended and passively replicates the performance of the VN30-Index, which contains the 30 largest stocks by market value and liquidity on HOSE.
According to SSIAM, the 30 stocks in the VN30 basket account for 73.4 percent of total market capitalisation. Those stocks are also leading companies in their sectors.
SSIAM launched the IPO for the fund from June 1 to 26. The initial value of the fund was estimated at at least 50 billion VND.
This is the second ETF to track the VN30-Index. The first is the VFMVN30 ETF managed by VietFund Management (VFM) with a total value of 6 trillion VND.
SSIAM VN30 ETF has a total expense ratio of 0.75-0.8 percent, the lowest in the market./.VNA
- SSI asset management to IPO new fund by end of June
- Funds enjoy growth in August
- Vietnam’s SSI Asset Management, Japan’s Daiwa complete the first close of planned $100m fund
- Stock market upturn results in positive growth for Vietnam’s investment funds
- Vietnam Growth Investment Fund established
- Three stocks at risk of losing blue-chip status
- Most local investment funds suffer losses
- SSIAM teams up with CP Group and Development Bank of Japan for $150 million PE fund
- HoSE brokerage market share in the third quarter: SSI continued to lead, VPS suddenly reached the top 3