Dinh Van Tuan, 50, has taken from Nguyen Thuong Hoang Hai, who quit for personal reasons.
Tuan was earlier the director of Vietnam Airlines’ operations center, and has served in various capacities at the carrier since 1996.
Jetstar Pacific became Pacific Airlines on August 1 and got a new logo as Vietnam Airlines, which owns a 68.86 percent stake in it, seeks to buy another 30 percent stake from Australia’s Qantas.
The first joint stock airline in Vietnam was set up in 1991. In its 29 years, it has only reported profits for four years.
It has major expansion plans, with the current fleet of 18 aircraft set to be increased to 50 by 2025.
- Vietnam Airlines to buy Australian investor's stake in Jetstar Pacific
- Qantas gifts Vietnam Airlines entire 30% stake in Pacific Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines says taking over Qantas’ shares in Jetstar Pacific joint venture
- Jetstar Pacific to operate under new brand-name Pacific Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
- Jetstar Pacific to change name, step up cooperation with Vietnam Airlines
- Jetstar Pacific Airlines set for overhaul
- Vietnam Airlines gets new CEO
- Vietnam suspends approval for new airlines until 2022
- Vietnam Airlines postpones shareholders’ meeting until July 16