Aeon Vietnam Co. Ltd. has apologised to customers for two mice that were found crawling on food trays at its mall in HCM City.
The move was made following a picture of the unhygienic state at Aeon Mall Tan Phu had been taken by a customer.
The two mice were found crawling on food trays at its mall in HCM City
A man in HCM City saw two mice on food trays while visiting the mall on the afternoon of August 6.
He did not buy food at the mall and captured the moment which was then sent to Aeon Vietnam’s fan page raising the issue around food safety and hygiene.
“Aeon Vietnam admitted to the mistake and would like to deliver the apology to customers for what happened. We are sorry for this and will take solutions to avoid the same problems in the future”, a representative from the company told the Lao Dong Newspaper.
Aeon would clean stalls, food trays and floors. It would also temporarily close Vietnamese food stalls to ensure that they are hygienic.
In terms of food safety, the company said their materials have clear point of origin and tightly checked.
Staff at food stalls have to wear uniform, face mask, gloves and hats which cover their ears during their working hours. They are also not allowed to have their fingernails to be painted. They are also provided with periodic medical check-ups.
- AEON to open mall in Hai Phong in December
- AEON Vietnam to open mall in Hải Phòng on December 14
- AEON set to open sixth Vietnamese shopping mall
- UNIQLO opens its third store at AEON Mall Long Biên in Hà Nội
- Ha Noi moves towards approving construction of third Aeon Mall
- AEON Vietnam to open department store and supermarket in Hải Phòng on December
- Aeon’s largest mega mall project in Hanoi gains pace
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair to boost sales of Vietnamese products in AEON network
- AEON MALL wants to invest $2 billion in Vietnam
- AEON executive officer hopes for more Vietnam’s thieu lychee exports