- Sales of flowers and makeup kits up 60% and 113% week-on-week, respectively.
- On-demand retail can be a "life saver" for those who are too busy, or just less prepared choosing a gift.
SHANGHAI, Aug. 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Tis the season for lovers in China, as this year's Qixi – known as the Chinese equivalent of Valentine's Day, falls on August 4. JDDJ, the on-demand retail platform operated by Dada Group (Nasdaq: DADA), provides a perspective through what consumers are buying to observe how the Chinese people celebrate this special day.
A Dada rider is taking an order at a shop of Sephora.
As this year's Qixi coincides with a regular work day, some may be too busy at work to prepare a gift in time for his or her special one. JDDJ can be a life saver as consumers' online orders can be fulfilled within an hour.
Data on JDDJ and Shop Now from last week shows, sales of fresh flowers increased by 63% compared to the previous week. But flower is not the only product category on the lovers' shopping list – cosmetics, skincare, as well as consumer electronics are among the bestsellers for Qixi gifts. Sales of makeup kits and perfumes achieved a growth of 113% and 63% week-on-week, respectively. The festival is also driving sales of those products with a higher price tag – the watch sales, for instance, have leapt almost fivefold.
Another interesting finding from the data is that couples may prefer staying home over dining out this year, as pre-made food sales last week were surprisingly 10 times higher than the week before. But couples in long-distance relationship who cannot eat together this year are also leveraging on-demand retail to show their care and love, as JDDJ sees an eminent surge in the number of orders placed in one city but to be delivered in another.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gift-sales-soar-on-jddj-as-the-qixi-festival-arrives-301600015.html
Source: DADA GROUP Related Stocks: NASDAQ:DADA
- Over 80 out of top 100 supermarkets in China 2021 are accessible on JDDJ and Shop Now
- Beat the Heat: Ice Cream Sales Surge on JDDJ and JD.com's Shop Now
- Dada Group's JDDJ fulfilled the first order in JD618 Grand Promotion, and saw sales surge
- Dada's first quarter 2022 updates: Q1 revenues up 74% YOY on comparable basis, net profit margin significantly improved
- White Paper Released at CCFA Summit: How Business Thrives in On-Demand Retail
- Dada Group Releases White Paper Discussing Fulfillment for On-Demand Retail
- Gift market busy ahead of Vietnamese Teachers’ Day
- Vietnam flower and gift market heats up ahead of Teachers’ Day
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 expected to boost handicraft sales