INNSBRUCK, Austria, June 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- AV-Comparatives, the independent ISO-certified security software evaluation lab, has released its long-term test results for Windows and Android Internet Security Anti-Virus products.
AV-Comparatives Test Results – Consumer products for Android
The products of the following security companies evaluated by AV-Comparatives test include:
Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, ESET, G Data, Google, K7, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, McAfee, Microsoft, NortonLifeLock, Panda, Securion, TotalAV, Total Defense, Trend Micro, VIPRE.
Anti-Virus Test for Windows: https://www.av-comparatives.org/consumer/testmethod/real-world-protection-tests/
Anti-Virus Test for Android: https://www.av-comparatives.org/consumer/testmethod/mobile-security-reviews/
"We hope that with these tests, we can keep users and vendors engaged in system security and mitigating the ever-evolving threat landscape," said Peter Stelzhammer, co-founder of AV-Comparatives. "For these solutions to continue to grow and evolve, tests like these are crucial to providing accuracy and accountability."
Details and Tipps for Windows users:
- Update all your software
- Do backups
- Use protection
- Think before you click
- Look up the protection results at https://www.av-comparatives.org
The Real-World Protection Test conducted by AV-Comparatives simulated real-world conditions as experienced every day by users. The test accurately determined if each threat used was able to make any changes to the test system. To ensure that security programs do not plague users with false alarms, AV-Comparatives put all the products through a false-positive test.
A total of 5 products reached the highest award level, ADVANCED+, in this Real-World Protection Test. These were (in alphabetical order): Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, and Kaspersky.
Details and Tipps for mobile users
- Download only from official stores like Google Play
- Avoid sideloading
- Look at the reviews in the store
- Avoid sideloading
- Check for fake apps, even fake security apps
- Look up the mobile security review at https://www.av-comparatives.org
AV-Comparatives used more than 3,000 recent malicious applications for the Android operating system in the mobile malware protection test. The results clearly showed the advantage of using a third-party antivirus product to protect smartphones against Android malware.
Past criticism of security programs is that they cause a significant drain on the device's battery. AV-Comparatives addressed this issue by running a battery-drain test. Each product's effect on battery life during everyday phone usage (such as making calls, surfing the Internet, watching videos and sending emails) was measured.
As well as the results of the tests, the report includes general security advice and information for users of Android devices. The security measures incorporated into Android are considered, along with the effect on third-party security apps. Security tips for Android users are also provided.
All tested Android products passed the criteria of AV-Comparatives but Google.
Like all AV-Comparatives' public test reports, these two reports are available for free at this link: https://www.av-comparatives.org/latest-tests/
AV-Comparatives is an independent organisation offering systematic testing to examine the efficacy of security software products and mobile security solutions. Using one of the largest sample collection systems worldwide has created a real-world environment for truly accurate testing.
AV-Comparatives offers freely accessible av-test results to individuals, news organisations and scientific institutions. Certification by AV-Comparatives provides a globally recognised official seal of approval for software performance.
Contact: Peter Stelzhammer
phone: +43 720115542
AV-Comparatives Test Results – Consumer products for Windows
- AV-Comparatives reveals top-performing consumer antivirus products in latest Malware Protection Test and Real-World Protection Test results
- AV-Comparatives Releases Factsheet for March-April Enterprise Malware and Real-World Protection Tests
- Fortinet Advanced Endpoint Security Blocks 100% of Malware in AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test
- Update your PC immediately if you are the Microsoft Windows users
- Vietnamese security experts won 40 000 dollar prize from Microsoft service
- vivo Among the First to Get Android 13 Beta, Offering Users New OS Experience
- Google lists TOP apps customers should take away from their Android telephones
- Google brings a helpful function to ‘sons’ after practically 1 12 months solely on ‘stepchildren’
- Smartphones can take away the bodily SIM slot because of the brand new characteristic of Android 13