HONG KONG, May 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Manulife today announced the appointment of Aravind Srinivas as its new Chief Risk Officer, Asia and Head of Global Product and Insurance Risk Management. His appointment is effective 9 May 2022.
Srinivas will jointly report to Anil Wadhwani, President & CEO, Asia, and Rahim Hirji, Global Chief Risk Officer. He will be a member of the Asia Division Executive Committee and the Global Risk Leadership Team. Srinivas will be responsible for maintaining Manulife's global risk management framework across Asia, while overseeing Manulife's global product and insurance risk practice.
Srinivas joins Manulife from Munich Re Singapore, where he most recently served as Managing Director for its life, health, and high net worth businesses, with responsibility for business development, operations, actuarial governance, and underwriting. During more than 10 years with the reinsurer, Srinivas was also Senior Pricing Actuary for its life insurance business across markets in Asia, the Indian sub-continent, Middle East, and Africa. Before Munich Re, he served as Head of Pricing at Suncorp Life in Australia.
"We are incredibly pleased to welcome Aravind to the Manulife family," Wadhwani said. "His depth of knowledge, experience, and expertise will further strengthen Manulife's risk management and drive innovation throughout the company."
Wadhwani added: "As a leading global insurer, our robust risk culture has been fundamental to ensuring we deliver on our commitments to the millions of customers who entrust their health, wealth, and protection needs to us."
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we provide financial advice and insurance, operating as Manulife across Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Through Manulife Investment Management, the global brand for our global wealth and asset management segment, we serve individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. Our principal operations are in Asia and Canada, and the United States, where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. In the previous 12 months we made CAD$31.8 billion in payments to our customers.
Not all offerings are available in all jurisdictions. For additional information, please visit manulife.com.
- Bloomberg: Manulife wants to sell insurance through VietinBank, the deal value could reach several hundred million USD
- Manulife is emerging as the leading bidder for Aviva Vietnam Insurer Unit
- VietinBank and Manulife announce exclusive 16-year bancassurance partnership
- Manulife Vietnam, Cộng Đồng Bầu sign 5-year partnership agreement
- Manulife’s global results demonstrate the strength of Vietnam’s contributions
- MUFG Bank appoints its new Head of Global corporate banking in Vietnam
- Vietnam insurance businesses have a positive outlook, here’s why
- Roshan Shetty joins Sonata Software as Chief Revenue Officer
- Techcombank appoints new CEO