The Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control of Ho Chi Minh City’s Thu Duc city presented gifts to foreigners living in the city who are hit by the pandemic.
At the event. (Photo: VNA)
Chairman of the Thu Duc city’s Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee Tran Huu Phuoc offered sympathy over the difficulties facing the foreign residents at a time when Thu Duc is enforcing prevention and control measures. He wished that they would continue supporting the city’s policies and follow local regulations on pandemic prevention and control, thus contributing to curbing its spread.
The city's officials handed over the gifts, each worth VND 2.5 million (USD 108) including cash and essential goods, to the foreign residents in Thu Duc.
Ho Chi Minh City is home to the largest number of foreigners in Vietnam, with many of them living in Thu Duc city.
The municipal authorities recently also approved a policy of vaccinating foreigners living and working in the city within its own capacity and resources.
- Ho Chi Minh City to Vaccinate 200 000 Foreigners
- Foreigners in HCMC to be vaccinated against Covid-19
- News of lockdown of HCMC for 10-15 days denied
- Hanoi to review housing projects for foreigners
- Supporting workers and medical staff to fight the epidemic
- Ho Chi Minh City works on COVID-19 vaccination plan for foreigners
- HCMC gives long An, Binh Phuoc US$104,000 financial aid to fight Covid-19
- Government gives top priority to allocating vaccines to HCM City: Deputy PM
- How are violators of COVID-19 preventive measures penalized in Ho Chi Minh City?