53 Chinese people were fined a total of VND 210 million (USD 9,130) and handed over to the Chinese authorities after completing the quarantine period.
53 Chinese people were fined a total of VND 210 million (USD 9,130) and handed over to the Chinese authorities after completing the quarantine period. (Photo: VN Express)
Nghe An police said that it has completed the administrative sanctions on 53 Chinese people for crossing Vietnam's border without following immigration procedures. The total fine is VND 210 million, equivalent to USD 9,130. 52 people in the group were fined VND 4 million (USD 174) each, the left one, a man under 18 years old, is fined VND 2 million (USD 87).
Before being handed over to their home country, these people had to complete their medical quarantine period in Hung Nguyen district (Nghe An) and show 2 negative COVID-19 test results.
According to the records, on March 9 noon, on a passenger car bearing Can Tho license plates, running on North-South highway, the border guards discovered 53 Chinese and 4 Vietnamese (including the vehicle owners, drivers, and assistants).
These Chinese were confirmed to illegally enter Vietnamese northern provinces, most of them then moved to the South to work, the others seek ways to enter Cambodia. (Photo: PLO)
These Chinese were confirmed to illegally enter Vietnamese northern provinces, most of them then moved to the South to work, the others seek ways to enter Cambodia.
The authorities then prosecute this case as an "Act of organizing or brokering for illegally exiting, entering or staying in Vietnam". At the same time, Nghe An police prosecute Le Trung Kiet (27 years old, resident of Can Tho, owner of the passenger car) and Nguyen Ba Tung (40 years old, driver of the car) for organizing illegal exit.
According to the leader of the Nghe An Border Guard, the unit is currently investigating the line of service that illegally brings people to Vietnam.
- Seven fined for illegal border crossing
- 4 fined total of 100 million VND for skipping medical declaration
- Chinese experts fined for unnecessarily leaving residence in Vietnam’s locked-down district
- Hotel shut down after hosting Chinese nationals illegally got into Vietnam
- Hotel shut down after hosting illegal Chinese nationals
- Vietnamese man fined $873 for escaping from quarantine camp
- Passenger fined US$86 for burning tissue paper on flight
- Four Chinese accused of illegally-entering Vietnam
- Hong Phong General Clinic in District 5 fined US$1,815 for false advertisement