As of April 8, as many as 5.601 medical workers in Ho Chi Minh City have been inoculated with the Covid-19 vaccine.
Vietnam yet to issue specific entry requirements for vaccinated people: Spokesperson
Vietnam plans on the second Covid-19 vaccine distribution
AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine: The link to a dangerous type of blood clot
A medical staff in HCMC receives her first shot of AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine, March 2021. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Khoa.
HCMC launched its phase one vaccination campaign on March 8. The prioritized recipients include medical staff directly involving in Covid-19 prevention and control, Suckhoedoisong reported.
The health sector has organized training for vaccination sites, at the same time, closely monitoring their immunization process.
As of April 8, as many as 5.601 medical workers in 47 facilities in the city have been inoculated with the Covid-19 vaccine. Cases with post-injection reactions are now all in stable health conditions.
The health sector, in cooperation with relevant units, made a list of 10 prioritized groups receiving free Covid-19 vaccine, in accordance with the Health Ministry’s Official Letter 2447/ BYT-DP dated April 5, 2021.
To date, the Southern Metropolis has logged 223 Covid-19 cases, 213 of which have recovered and the remaining have been under treatment.
As many as 2.422 people have been under quarantine including 2.406 at centralized quarantine facilities and 16 at their accommodations.
The HCMC Center for Disease Control recommends:
1. The benefits of the vaccine outweigh its risks.
2. Vaccination sites need to comply with the safety regulations
3. Preventing the disease by abiding by the 5K message and getting vaccinated.
The list of 10 prioritized groups receiving free Covid-19 vaccine:
1. Medical and other frontline workers:
- Medical workers
- Those involved in taking samples, testing, contact tracing, members of Covid-19 community groups, members of the Steering Committees for disease prevention and control, reporters, volunteers.
- Military forces
- Public security forces
2. Diplomatic personnel
3. Customs and immigration officers
4. Those working in essential services like transport, aviation, electricity, water, etc
6. Those with chronic diseases that make them more vulnerable to the disease caused by the virus.
7. People aged 65 and above
8. People in pandemic-hit regions
9. The poor and social policy beneficiaries
10. Those sent to study and work overseas by the competent state agencies.
- More than 52 000 Vietnamese inoculated with Covid 19 vaccine
- First 61 medical workers in Gia Lai injected with Covid-19 vaccine
- Dong Thap, Tay Ninh start Covid-19 vaccination rollouts
- HCMC wants 8,000 more doses of Covid-19 vaccine for front-liners
- Over 10 000 frontline medical workers receive Covid 19 vaccine
- 8,000 frontline COVID workers in HCMC to receive AstraZeneca vaccine over next month
- Updates on Vietnamese medical staff s health 24 hours after injected with COVID 19 vaccine
- HCMC lists over 44,000 people prioritized for Covid-19 vaccination
- All COVID 19 vaccinated people in Vietnam are in stable health condition